The market capitalization of trading on the floor of the Nigerian Exchange (NGX) decreased by N25 billion as bears regained control of the local stock exchange.
The All Share Index (ASI) lost 0.09% of its value to end the day at 48,853.54 points. The market capitalization decreased by N25 billion in a similar vein.
The value of the stock market was N26.6 trillion as of Tuesday’s market close. The stock market has increased by 6137.1 basis points, or 12.56%, so far this year.
Market breadth, meanwhile, ended the day’s trading session in the negative, with SMURFIT leading 13 gainers and SCOA leading 16 losers.
- NGX ASI: 48,853.54points
- Previous ASI: 48,899.08 points
- Percentage Day Change: 0.09%
- % Y-t-D: 12.56%
- Market Cap: N 26.609 trillion
- Volume: 162.9million
- Value: N3.87billion
- Deals: 3,286
NGX Top ASI gainers
- SMURFIT up +10.00% to close at N0.22
- CORNERST up +8.70% to close at N0.50
- BUACEMENT up + 3.60% to close at N95.00
- FTNCOCOA up +3.23% to close at N0.32
- ZENITHBANK up +2.45% to close at N23.00
NGX Top ASI losers
- SCOA down – 9.30% to close at N0.78
- CHAMS down – 8.70% to close at N0.21
- JAIZBANK down – 8.42% to close at N0.87
- LASACO down – 6.67% to close at N0.84
- UPL down – 5.46% to close at N1.73
Top 3 by Volume
- STERLNBANK – 31,611,494
- GTCO – 19,208,074
- CHAMS – 16,424,629
Top 3 by Value
- MTNN- N2,596,032,633
- GTCO– N403,287,713
- ZENITHBANK – N323,616,050
Originally Posted Here