Ronaldo rejects offer to join new club
Former Manchester United forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, has rejected a move to join a club in Australia (A-League) as he weighs up his next career move.
A-League chief Danny Townsend disclosed the plans to lure Ronaldo to Australia shortly after the 37-year-old's Manchester United exit but has now confirmed that the Portugal captain has knocked back their offer.
Ronaldo is searching for a new club after his contract with Manchester United was terminated by mutual consent.
Recall that Man United and Ronaldo parted ways last month following his explosive interview with British broadcaster Piers Morgan.
"We had interesting discussions, and there was genuine interest, but it's clear he has other priorities at this stage," Townsend told the Sydney Morning Herald.
Ronaldo has been strongly linked with a lucrative switch to the Middle East, with Saudi Arabian side Al Nassr reportedly tabling an offer worth £173 million (AU$314.5m) per season.
But the former Real Madrid star dismissed those reports after Portugal's World Cup 6-1 win over Switzerland on Tuesday night.
"No, that is not true - not true," Ronaldo said.
Al Nassr's proposal was reportedly a two-and-a-half-year deal until the summer of 2025.
Originally Posted By Torizone